After completing his bachelor's degree in classical guitar performance from the University of Arkansas, William Reyes continued his pursuit of music by studying composition under the Emmy award winning composer, Dr. Jim Greeson. During this time, William created and headed the guitar department at the University of Arkansas Fort Smith, completed his Master of Music degree, was head of the guitar department at Northeastern State University and taught at the Academy of the Arts as well as the Suzuki Music School of Arkansas.
Aside from being a dedicated music teacher over the past fifteen years, William has also devoted himself to collaborating with several artists and musicians, some of which have led to his performances across the United States and in Mexico. His collaborations with artists and musicians include composing for film, writing and arranging for bands and orchestras as well as performing live and recording. He and his colleagues have also provided educational music workshops throughout the continental U.S.
William performs as a solo artist as well as with several musical ensembles. He often attends master classes given by well-established musicians to further develop his own musical knowledge. He has had the honor of participating in master classes given by notable guitarists such as the Assad brothers, Virginia Luque, Pat Martino, Frank Vignola, Corey Christiansen and Pablo Sainz Villegas.
"Music enriches our lives in ways we don't always understand. Making music gives me the greatest fulfillment when I can inspire others while voicing that which cannot be expressed in words." - William C. Reyes
Booking and Services
- Music composition - Includes original work adapted for use of accompanying video or live events. Styles include solo instrumental, orchestral, conventional rock band, jazz ensemble and electronic.
- Musical collaboration - Includes co-arranging existing music or co-writing music for audio production or sheet music in standard notation.
- Weddings - Includes live performance of prelude, processional, mid-ceremony, recessional, post-ceremony and reception music. Genres include Classical, Jazz and Popular.
- Special Events - Includes live music for the duration of any event. Genres include Jazz, Pop, Country, Latin and Classical.
- Memorial Services - Includes live music for the requested duration before, during or after memorial service.
For prices regarding musical composition or arranging, please contact me with the details of the specific assignment or project. The estimated price will be dependent upon the constituents of the job.
Prices below are based on an hourly rate of performance and are negotiable. Prices subject to change depending on location of event and length of performance. Instrumentation dependent on availability of musicians.
- Solo guitar - $200 minimum per event.
- Duo - $400 minimum per event. (guitar + violin, guitar + bass, guitar + vocalist, guitar + guitar 2)
- Trio - $525 minimum per event. (duo combination + piano/keyboard, percussion or saxophone/flute)
- Full band - $600 minimum per event. (4- 6 members)
The Love Notes are a violin and guitar duo that create and perform musical arrangements for weddings and events.
The OneUps are a video game cover band that focuses on unique arrangements of video game music in a variety of styles such as Jazz, Rock, Funk, Metal and Hip-Hop.
Trio de Janeiro is a Jazz trio that performs Latin styles of Jazz standards. Styles range from Brazilian Bossa Nova to Afro-Cuban.
The Altered Beasts are a Jazz guitar duo that record, arrange and perform new versions of old video game themes.
Musical influences include: Ennio Morricone, Basil Poledouris, Alan Silvestri, James Horner, Bernard Herrmann and Jerry Goldsmith.
Send me a message!